Sitecore is divided into two distinct product areas. It contains:
- Sitecore Experience Management (XM) – the content management and personalization features.
- Sitecore Experience Platform (XP) – the content management, personalization, marketing and analytics features.
The Sitecore Experience Platform is divided into a number of logical areas:
- Sitecore Experience Database (xDB) – where all experience data of the contact is stored.
- xConnect – an independent service layer that connects the xDB to Experience Applications, and allows other channels to add data to the xDB.
- Experience Applications – with applications such as List Manager, Campaign Manager, FXM, and Experience Analytics.
- Experience content management – with applications such as the Experience Editor and Experience Explorer.
You can install the entire Sitecore Experience Platform (XP), or the Experience Management (XM) solution.
51000cookie-checkSitecore Experience Platform Installation Strategies